Mindful Return is a movement that helps new moms and dads navigate the uncertain terrain of working parenthood.
Are you ready to trade your working parent guilt for meaningful connection and support?
Imagine feeling confident about your decisions both as a
parent and a professional.
And having a whole set of tools to use when the inevitable
overwhelm, guilt, uncertainty, and fatigue sets in.
Mindful Return makes this vision a reality.
As featured in the Washington Post: “Transitioning back to work after a new baby? Now there’s a class just for that.”
That first year of working parenthood is, quite possibly, the hardest year ever. You care deeply about the work you do out there in the world and about supporting your (now larger!) family. AND you love love love that little baby who is either on the way or just recently arrived. You want to be able to focus on your baby. And on your work.
But you’re sleep deprived. Confused. Tired. Exhausted. And not sure whether any of the decisions you’re making are the right ones. Maybe you’ve cried on the kitchen floor (I did), trying to figure out how to make this all work. And your body physically aches when you think about handing baby over to another caregiver. (Quite possibly, you’re dreaming about sitting alone in a quiet office, too! But you’re scared to share that dream with others…)
You don’t need to figure out this working parent thing by yourself. The Mindful Return Community has your back.
Who are the members of the Mindful Return Community? We are working parents who are passionate. A bit terrified, at times. Committed to growth. Loyal to our fellow working parents. And compassionate.
What is Mindful Return committed to?
- Helping new parents feel calm, supported, confident, and connected.
- Challenging the workplace status quo.
- Helping employers retain their new parent talent.
- Diversity and respect for differences.
- Lifelong connections to other working parents.
How does Mindful Return live this mission?
- Through two 4-week online programs that focus on the following themes: (1) a mindful mindset for returning to work after baby; (2) managing all the logistics; (3) growing leadership skills as a new parent; and (4) building communities of other working parents. More about the mom version of this program is here. More about the dad version is here.
- By helping 30+ employers provide the Mindful Return courses to their employees as an innovative benefit and by holding workshops with groups of employees.
- By connecting all Mindful Return course alumnae to one another through a private Facebook community.
- Through Lori’s book, Back to Work After Baby: How to Plan and Navigate a Mindful Return from Maternity Leave.
- By providing timely and topical advice through a weekly blog post and weekly newsletter called Saturday Secrets.
Becoming a working parent shouldn’t be something you have to “get through” but something you get to create. You’ll return to work a different person you than when you left, with new skills that are – yes indeed – useful at the office. You’ll have different priorities. Different goals. And likely you’ll be sleep deprived those first few months and just trying to figure things out. But it’s a new, exciting phase of life worth being thoughtful, intentional, and not terrified about.
Let’s explore here, together, how to create a mindful return.
Balancing Career With a Special Needs Baby
Take Mindful Return's Balancing Career with a Special Needs Baby to navigate the path toward becoming a working mom of a premature, intellectually or developmentally disabled, and/or medically fragile infant or toddler.
E-course for Dads
Take the Mindful Return Working Dad Course to ease your transition to working fatherhood.
Join Mindful Return on Facebook for more tips and help.
If you have questions about Mindful Return, reach out to us here.